This application is now closed. Thank you for your continued interested in this event!
We are excited to announce that Bloomberg and iRelaunch are partnering again this year to host the second Bloomberg Engineering Returners' Circle in our New York City Headquarters! This is a one-day event on February 6th, 2020 for returning professionals local to the NYC/NJ area. Bloomberg is looking for individuals with software engineering experience and an interest in continuing a career as a software engineer.
Our objective is to provide a safe space to discuss obstacles returners encounter when re-entering the workforce and how these challenges can be turned into opportunities. Content will focus on self-elevation, interviewing skills and how you can prepare to further your career in the software engineering field.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Attendees will participate in coaching workshops, executed by iRelaunch, and exploratory career conversations to develop your self-marketing and career narrative. As a participant you will also benefit from networking with a like-minded peer group of returning professionals within the Returners' Circle.
We will have speaker sessions and time to network with members from Bloomberg Engineering departments, the Bloomberg Women in Technology Community, as well as employees who are members of our Working Families Community!
Following the Returners' Circle, participants may be invited to apply for a permanent role in either the NYC location or the Princeton, NJ location! Whilst the roles are full-time and will require working as an integral part of a team, they will also involve a high level of autonomy.
Date: February 6th, 2020
Time: 9AM - 4PM ET
HOW TO APPLY
Please reply to the short answer question below as well as submit your most up-to-date resume to be considered for this program. See below for qualifications!
Successful applicants are likely to have:
- A career break and a strong desire to return to the workforce
- Experience in a software engineering field and continued interest in working in this field
- Programming experience in C, C++, C# Java, Python, Ruby, Scala or similar in a production environment
- A strong desire to work in an innovative environment with a high level of decision-making responsibility
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
Application Opening: Friday, December 20th
Application Closing: Friday, January 24th
Selection Announcement: Wednesday, January 29th