Bloomberg STEM Returners' Circle
This application is now closed - please feel free to submit your contact details for future events!
Bloomberg is excited to announce that we are hosting the first STEM Returners' Circle in New York City! This will be a one-day event on November 13th, 2018 for returning professionals with experience relevant to Bloomberg engineering. Our objectives are to provide support and information, and help individuals learn more about career opportunities in our Engineering departments at Bloomberg.
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to learn more about Bloomberg. We will have speaker sessions and time to network with members of Bloomberg Engineering departments and the Bloomberg Women in Technology Community, as well as employees who are members of our Working Families Community.
You will participate in coaching workshops and exploratory career conversations to develop your self-marketing and career narrative and will benefit from networking with a like-minded peer group of returning professionals within the Returners' Circle.
Following the Returners' Circle, participants may be invited to apply for a permanent role in either the NYC location or the Princeton, NJ location! Whilst the roles are full-time and will require working as an integral part of a team, they will also involve a high level of autonomy.
Date: November 13th, 9AM - 5PM
Location: Bloomberg New York, 731 Lexington Avenue, New York NY 10022
Successful applicants are likely to have:
- A career break and a strong desire to return to the workforce
- Experience in an engineering field
- Programming experience in C, C++, C# Java, Python, Ruby, Scala or similar in production environment
- A strong desire to work in an innovative environment with a high level of decision- making responsibility
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure